Sunday, March 4, 2012

Battle of the Granola Bars

I have been making "Playgroup Granola Bars" for years.  We love them and they are a staple at our home.  They are pretty quick to throw together, but you have to bake them and then wait for them to cool before eating.  So when I stumbled upon "No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars {easy & healthy!}" on Pinterest, I figured I would give them a try to see which I liked best.

And now for the Battle of the Granola Bars...


11 Ingredients
Bakes for 30 minutes
Rasins (healthier)
Vegetable oil
Wheat germ (packed with nutrients and contains fiber and protein)
Wait to cool (so they harden up like a granola bar)

VS.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars {easy & healthy!}

7 Ingredients
Cook on stovetop for less than 5 minutes
Chocolate chips (but tasty)
Butter
Wait to cool (until the chocolate chips are set)

Note:  For the No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars I substituted corn flakes for the rice krispies

Verdict???
Both are really yummy, but if you are looking for a "granola bar" go for the Playgroup Granola Bars.  They seem a bit healthier to me.  They are hearty and filling.  The No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars {easy & healthy!} lean towards a rice krispie treat and will be good for a sweet treat or dessert.  It is definitely going in my recipe book though!

If you make them.  [Click on the pictures to get the original recipes.]  Let me know what you think!

Linking up at:
five days five ways  feature friday free for all 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!